Key facts about
Smash'd Pest Control
- We’re 100% NZ owned and operated.
- We have full indemnity insurance.
- We are members of Work Safety, a company enabling us to operate at national health and safety standards with tools for risk assessment, awareness and action.
- We are advanced height safety course certified.
- We are height access equipment certified.
- We hold a current National First Aid Course certificate which is refreshed every five years.
- We carry a trade-relevant first aid kit with a fire extinguisher in our vehicles.
- We hold an NZ Pest Control Certification & Handling Certification.
- All our technicians are either fully certified or are actively working towards their Level 3 NZ Certificate in Pest Operations Urban Pest Control.
- All product concentrates are used and stored in accordance with New Zealand Law.
You can read our FAQ here.
Member of the Pest Management Association of NZ
Smash’d Em Pest Control is a member of PMANZ, an organisation for professional urban and industrial pest managers in New Zealand. Formed in 1976, PMANZ provides support services, consumer information, access to technical information and education training material for its members.
Key Industries supplies many of the products we use.
Key Industries is New Zealand’s leading pest control products supplier. Founded in 1987, Key Industries initially provided speciality chemical products for the agriculture, horticulture, urban, and industrial pest control markets. Today, they have expanded to supply chemical and non-chemical products for wildlife conservation, organic food production, animal production, home garden, and export markets.
Extermarat is our unique brand
Created by Smash’d Em, Extermarat is a uniquely designed and industry-supported rat and mouse baiting, trapping and monitoring system. We have carefully put it together for effectiveness, ease of use, and to provide you with ongoing protection where you need it most. Do your bit to support Predator Free 2050 by using Extermarat at your place.
We support and align to the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
We support and readily align our business to the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). MPI is a New Zealand Government department with many roles, including looking for export opportunities, improving sector productivity, ensuring food and produce safety, encouraging the sustainable use of resources, and protecting our country from biological risks. They manage and regulate New Zealand’s farming, fishing, food, animal welfare, biosecurity and forestry sectors.
We support Predator Free 2050
Smash’d Em Pest Control Ltd fully supports this initiative which involves the eradication of mustelids (stoats, ferrets, and weasels), rats (Norway, ship, and kiore), and possums from all of New Zealand by 2050. These species are targeted because, of all introduced predators, collectively, they inflict the most damage on New Zealand’s wildlife.
The American Foulbrood National Pest Management Plan
At Bee Rescue, we work closely with The American Foulbrood National Pest Management Plan (AFNPMP). This organisation aims to eliminate American Foulbrood in New Zealand beehives and ensure ongoing protection and care for New Zealand’s environment, magnificent biodiversity, and import and export concerns. Their staff are certified to inspect, identify, and eliminate this pest immediately when found.